We have two wordpress sites. On each site we have uploaded some pdf files that viewers can download. I noticed that when you try to download a pdf file the tab name that appears when you click "Download" is not the same as the filename. For instance: when I try to download a pdf file titled "Weekly Retail Skeptic". In firefox - the tab name will say "Microsoft Word - Note_2013_0523_Skeptic - Note_0523_Skeptic.pdf". It seems like the browser is reading what the file was before it was converted to a pdf.
I have tried both "print to pdf" in word as well as converting the word document to a pdf document using Acrobat.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.