X
Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.
Your Firefox is out of date and may contain a security risk! Upgrade Firefox

Support Forum

Javascript functionality is broken at Wells Fargo

Posted

Since about the middle of June (may have started with FF 21, but unsure) I have been unable to transfer money between accounts at Wells Fargo.

The web page contains Javascript, and you are supposed choose a 'from' account drop down, then a 'to' account drop down, and then a new box will appear where you can type in the amount.

However, nothing happens after selecting my from/to accounts.

IE/Chrome do not have this problem.

Javascript is enabled in my browser and I tried setting all the options, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Chosen solution

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

To Enable SafeMode

  • You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
  • Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
  • Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"

If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.

Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox"; Linux: "Firefox/File > Quit")

Read this answer in context 8

Additional System Details

Installed Plug-ins

  • Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
  • Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_45 for Mozilla browsers
  • NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
  • The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
  • SiteAdvisor
  • Google Update
  • Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
  • iTunes Detector Plug-in
  • HttpWatch Professional - HTTP Viewer for Firefox
  • 5.1.20125.0
  • RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
  • RealPlayer Download Plugin
  • RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
  • RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
  • RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
  • RealDownloader Plugin
  • GEPlugin
  • Microsoft Lync Web App Version Checker
  • Microsoft Lync Web App Plug-in
  • ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
  • Picasa plugin
  • The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
  • Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers

Application

  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0

More Information

iamjayakumars
  • Top 10 Contributor
415 solutions 4905 answers

Chosen Solution

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

To Enable SafeMode

  • You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
  • Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
  • Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"

If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.

Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox"; Linux: "Firefox/File > Quit")

Helpful Reply

Thanks a bunch for the troubleshooting process!

I found that an installed "do not track me" add on (v2.2.9.520) was blocking a company called 'tea leaf'. Apparently tea leaf session tracking is initiated when going to the WF transfer tab within the portal.

While at the transfer screen, I went into the "do not track me" options and unblocked tea leaf (set it to "allowed here"), logged out of the WF portal and back in, and voila - it worked.

Thanks again!