I had to reinstall firefox, somehow the old one was set to +2 zoom with all web pages, for some reason this newer version won't save my preference and every time i go to a new page, I'm on the size that's too small for me to read. How do I adjust firefox to automatically make all pages +2 zoom?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Firefox on Windows is now following display scaling options which may render text larger on high resolution displays. You can adjust your screen resolution. To modify it do the following:
- Type about:config into the Firefox address bar and tap on the Enter key.
- If the warning This might void your warranty appears, click I'll be careful, I promise.
- Search for layout.css.devPixelsPerPx
- Double-click on layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to modify its value. The default is -1.0 in Firefox 22 and above. Change it to 1.0 to make it work like in previous Firefox versions.
If necessary, further adjust the value in 0.1 or 0.05 steps. Use values between 1.0 and about 0.5 to reduce elements in size. Use values greater than 1.0 to increase size. For example, a value of 1.25 will increase font size to 125% to accommodate the default DPI setting in Windows 8. Double check the value that you enter. Setting a too small value will make everything disappear and a too large value will blow things up.
To adjust the font size for the user interface, you can use the Theme Font & Size Changer extension.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.