My website consists of my photographs. An unwanted Bing hyperlink (Click to Search) now appears on my photos, ruining them. Bing cannot see problem. My web host suggests that t is a browser add-on. How can I see what add-ons might be on my browser. If I find it, how do I get rid of it? My website is:
The hyperlink comes and goes to some extent, so look at several photos to catch. It takes three or so seconds to come up. Seems to be mainly in Gordon's Travels. How can I send you a screen shot? Am using Firefox 22.0 on an iMac with OS 10.7.5.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Unable to find any thing in Firefox extensions or plugins. Hyperlink persists. Tested Safari. Contains no hyperlink.
If I switch gorvray.com to open in Safari, will that take care of the problem for visitors to my site?
Here is screen shot of hyperlink in Firefox.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.