password box grayed out
I've tried all of the search results suggestions I could find here, but none of them help. The Password box remains grayed out. This is the latest version of FF. I use the latest Keyscrambler, addblock, Noscript, Wot, greasemonkey ,Flash video downloader, and better privacy(disabled). Windows firewall and MS security essentials and the operating system is Win 7 Home 64 bit. Would really like to get this solved.
Additional System Details
- thinkDesktop configuration loader
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Password box for?
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode (Never Remember History).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Firefox uses the about: protocol to access built-in about: pages that you can open via the location bar just like you open web pages.
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Working now . Thank you.