Way to go Mozilla! Thanks for another crap update. You've made me miss the last version that sucked up 1.5GB of memory. I just updated to the newest version, 22. Since then, when filling out online forms, I am unable to submit information. The 'Enter' or 'Submit' or 'Send' buttons do not work. For example, I was trying to unsubscribe from Capital One marketing emails. My email is in the field. I click 'Save' and nothing happens. It works fine in IE. If I fill out an online form that requires my address, email, etc, I click 'Submit' and again nothing happens but it works fine in IE. I can't even click the button that says, 'Post Question,' at the bottom of your support page that has my details and all of the troubleshooting info and the 'I already have an account,' button doesn't work on IE. So how the hell am I supposed to send you this problem if buttons don't work?! (NOTE: This issue was resolved if you are reading this. The 'Submit Feedback' button on your feedback page actually works but then I get the following error message.
CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
More information is available with DEBUG=True.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Check addons and internet connection, works for me.
- Websites don't load - troubleshoot and fix error messages
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems
- Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
To Enable SafeMode
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
- Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox"; Linux: "Firefox/File > Quit")
Man, why is it so? So irritating. I need to refresh a page three times.
After filling a full page form with so many fields I see that I can not submit it, wtf! I then reload the page, re-fill everything, and **** you, I can still not submit it.
Again, third time, you reload it and submit it.
Sometimes it takes much more reloads :(
Please someone. The fastest Fox version is annoying me now.
Hi aakif, are you using the FastestFox extension and do you think that is the source of the problem with forms?
Please also see the above troubleshooting advice from July 2nd.
If you find you have to reload forms regularly, you might consider this extension, which is designed to prevent data loss on forms (I haven't tried it myself): Lazarus: Form Recovery.
Hi sir, I am sorry but I didn't mean that I am using Fastest Fox Extension. But I was referring to the Firefox Newsletter received last evening stating that this is the fastest version of Firefox.
The troubleshooting advice isn't good for me, failed at it. :(
This is the third time after I reloaded this page, if the Post/Preview button works!
Clear the cache and the cookies from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Did you try Safe Mode?
Also make sure that your security software isn't causing problems.
Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Oh yay this can all be working in a jiffy, just CLEAR CACHES AND REMOVE COOKIES AND USE SAFE MODE... . No. It needs to work off the bat, period. Fix the goddamn thing because it's trash. Even pressing REPLY on this PAGE before i was LOGGED IN didn't do ANYTHING. bloated software. Fix it now, I don't want to use evil Chrome.
[Profanity removed by moderator. Please read Forum rules and guidelines, thanks.]
So you are responding to a 2 month old and outdated thread why again?
because firefox 23 is FLAKING. BIG time. that's why. it's almost like they've agreed to start disabling their own software as to allow google to take over the world. p*eces of tr*sh.
If you want help with your problems with Firefox 23, please start your own Questions thread here - Ask a new question and provide the requested information.
We'll give it our best shot at helping your fix your problems.
Plus, you might want to update to the latest version - Firefox 24 was released yesterday.
locking this thread as it has apparently been abandoned by the Owner
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.