The Proxy Server Is refusing connections
When I try to go to google, it says the proxy server is refusing connections. I do go to the Firefox button, click on Help, go to Troubleshooting Information, click on Reset Firefox, but it doesn't work still. I also can't go on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro (Needs online Connection) (If safe mode works)
- ESET Online Scanner (Needs Online Connection) (If safe mode works)
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
You should also try windows safe mode with networking by tapping F8 when booting on your computer. If this is successful, you should check your Firewall, anti-virus, and scan for Malware and a Possible Rootkit.
for info going to safe mode.
Modified by kobe
please check in firefox > options > advanced > network > connection - settings... if firefox is set up to directly connect to the internet ('no proxy').
Modified by philipp