Firefox does not default to your homepage when you manually open a new tab. It should do so. Is there a way to make FF do this? Is it an addon? If so, should this not be default behavior and just be incorporated into the browser?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/954802 set yours to what you want or install a addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/custom-new-tab/?src=search
You can middle-click the toolbar Home button to open the home page in a new tab.
You can set the String pref browser.newtab.url on the about:config page to the URL of the page that you want to open in a new tab.
Thank you SO much. Your instructions were very easy for me to follow & figure out
I would like to make a suggestion that you go into even more detail for those users who truly don't know how to do much on a computer. Add to your instructions:
- Once you have entered into the "about:config" page and scrolled down to locate "browser.newtab.url ", you must DOUBLE-click on it in order to make it editable.
- A small window will appear prompting you to type in the web address, etc. of the page you want to automatically open every time you open a NEW tab. You must include the appropriate prefix such as: "www." or "https://" , etc.
- Select "OK".
You'd think that these things would be self-explanatory, but for someone who is truly a new or infrequent computer user (yes, there are still some of those folks walking the planet!), they would be much-appreciated additional details.
- Type about:config in Firefox's location bar
- Find browser.newtab.url
- Double click on it
- Paste your homepage link into the text box
- Click Ok
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.