The Firefox GUI is zoomed out/low resolution. This affects all parts of the browser (buttons, tabs, bars, etc.) and the web pages displayed.
I have tried running in Safe Mode and then reset Firefox; neither fixed the issue.
Note that my display settings are correct, as Firefox appears to be the only application affected.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Code changes regarding HiDPI have landed in Firefox 22 and later (bug #844604).
You can modify the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx and increase or decrease the value in 0.1 or 0.05 steps to adjust the size of fonts and other elements in Firefox.
- The layout.css.devPixelsPerPx pref is a String value parsed to a float and allows to fine tune the dimensions of all elements (user interface and web pages) more precisely (resolution 0.1 or 0.05).
- Change the default value -1 to 1 to make it work like in previous Firefox versions (100%)
- Use values between 0.05 and 1.0 to reduce elements in size.
- Use values greater than 1.0 to magnify and make elements larger (percentage divided by DPI, % / DPI).
If web pages needs to be adjusted after changing this pref then you can look at the Default FullZoom Level or NoSquint extension.
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nosquint/
Use this extension to adjust the font size for the user interface:
- Theme Font & Size Changer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/
Thanks for the quick replies. Too bad Google doesn't have any of those near the top, as it appears to be a common issue.