The Firefox GUI is zoomed out/low resolution. This affects all parts of the browser (buttons, tabs, bars, etc.) and the web pages displayed.
I have tried running in Safe Mode and then reset Firefox; neither fixed the issue.
Note that my display settings are correct, as Firefox appears to be the only application affected.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Code changes regarding HiDPI have landed in Firefox 22 and later (bug #844604).
You can modify the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx and increase or decrease the value in 0.1 or 0.05 steps to adjust the size of fonts and other elements in Firefox.
- The layout.css.devPixelsPerPx pref is a String value parsed to a float and allows to fine tune the dimensions of all elements (user interface and web pages) more precisely (resolution 0.1 or 0.05).
- Change the default value -1 to 1 to make it work like in previous Firefox versions (100%)
- Use values between 0.05 and 1.0 to reduce elements in size.
- Use values greater than 1.0 to magnify and make elements larger (percentage divided by DPI, % / DPI).
If web pages needs to be adjusted after changing this pref then you can look at the Default FullZoom Level or NoSquint extension.
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nosquint/
Use this extension to adjust the font size for the user interface:
- Theme Font & Size Changer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/
Thanks for the quick replies. Too bad Google doesn't have any of those near the top, as it appears to be a common issue.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.