Updated Firefox Browser 22.0 Disabled our 2013 Norton 360 Security, what do we do?
When we updated our Firefox Browser to the most recent 22.0, it Disabled our current 2013 Norton 360 security. What do you suggest we do?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Your norton is actually still running (look in the lower right hand corner of your computer by the clock). All that got diabled was a fairly useless Norton Toolbar. However, you can get that toolbar back by following norton's directions at http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Firefox-22-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/m-p/979955 to update their toolbar
hello, your real norton protection won't be affected by a firefox update at all, probably just the toolbar within firefox got disabled.
according to norton there is a new toolbar version available that is compatible with firefox 22. please run the norton liveupdate repeatedly & until all components are up-to-date. in addition make sure that the toolbar is enabled under firefox > addons > extension afterwards.
for more information refer to http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-22-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/979947