How can I turn cookies back on?
Whenever I try to sign into my youtube it goes to a page that says "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on.". I came here for help, and so far everything it has said to do has done nothing for me.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
hello Hana1654, please go through all the steps mentioned in Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them and see if this can address the issue...
I followed them, but it still didn't work.
do you use any external security/cleanup/sandboxing-tool that might interfere with the cookie management in firefox?
you could also try to generally reset firefox and see if this can address the issue...
Does it work in Private Browsing mode?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Note that Firefox will try to import cookies with a reset, so this might still possibly migrate the problem to the new profile.
Modified by cor-el