I have 100 pc to monitor web history, but the only browser that we cant find a way to block in Private Browsing is firefox, Is there a way to do it . without any addons ..cuz addon is prohibed
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Is there a way to do it . without any addons
No. See /questions/762104
- You can lock preferences to prevent automatic private browsing, disabling of history and clearing of history on exit.
- You can hide the menu items.
- Users can still launch private browsing by pressing the keyboard shortcut (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows), or by launching the Firefox executable with the -private parameter.
- Since hiding interface elements is done by placing a file inside the Firefox profile folder, you'll also have to assign appropriate permissions to the file, to prevent savvy users from modifying or deleting it.
If you want to watch web history, the far better approach is a content filter, either on a per device, or network wide. It can either passively track all sites visited, or actively block prohibited ones.
Install Firefox ESR and i use the software incognitogone to lock the private browsing and add FireFox to appLocker .. done .
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.