I often like watching videos and movies, current affairs, clips on you tube nine msn, yahoo and other sites and my video player or movie freezes for short and long periods and sometimes doesn't start at all. I don't have much experience with add on's or plugins but have been told this may be the problem, I have tried disabling add on's leaving shock wave flash player 11.7.700.224, adobe acrobat PDF plug in, silver light plug in 5.1.20125.0, java deployment toolkit 188.8.131.52 10.21.2.11 and java (TM) platform SE 7 U21 10.21.2.11. as well as leaving all add on's and plug ins run but it still doesn't fix the freezing problem please help or advise what are best options for peak performance of videos, clips and movies. Thanks
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.