This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do i stop Advertisiments popping up on a page
In the last few days advertisements have started appearing at the bottom of Fire fox Tab pages
All Replies (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Uninstall Yontoo from control panel. It is an extention, which is related to multiple adwares that run on ones PC. More info about yontoo here. Scan your PC with Adwcleaner if you are unsure what you should remove from control panel.