Well, hello gentlemen!
Today, I awoke and found my computer incapable of using firefox to view youtube.
Before you say it, yes. It works on Chrome and IE.
Flash player seems to be at: * Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
My firefox is at revision 21.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I refuse to abandon Firefox.
My operating system? Vista 64 bit (The PC itself is four years old, and well maintained.)
Malwarebytes/Spybot/Super anti spyware/norton all come up clean. No viruses.
My GPU is up to date.
Any clues, gentlemen?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Unity Player 3.5.6f4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Clear the cache and the cookies from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
The 'disabling' protection mode worked.
Tell me, is there any other way of fixing this? I dislike the thought of being unprotected.
Will it be patched soon, or..?