I have downloaded Firefox version 21. Under the Tools tab, the "options" button has dissapeared. How do I find it now?
I can see all the other options for tools, but not the "Option" button under tools any longer.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I forgot to mention this is Firefox Version 21 for a MAC laptop
Click on the Firefox button in the Menu Bar, then you should see preferences or options in there.
Cardinals24 wrote: I forgot to mention this is Firefox Version 21 for a MAC laptop
Tools->Options is for Firefox/Thunderbird on Windows. On Linux it is Edit->Preferences (due to Gnome HIG) and on Mac OSX it is Application -> Preferences which in this case is Firefox ->Preferences due to Apple HIG.