I must have hardware acceleration (specifically the Direct3D acceleration) enabled for a CAD program I'm running but, when enabled, Firefox 20.1 has display problems. Green rectangles appear in column patterns and, occasionally, there will be horizontal lines of "dots" that distort the screen display.
- Installing the latest drivers (18.104.22.1683) for my graphics card (nvidia GeForce 7300 LE) did not fix the problem - Disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox does not fix the problem - Resetting Firefox does not solve the problem.
Is Firefox aware of any issues as described? Is this a previously reported issue and, if so, is there a fix? or an update coming to fix it?
Are there any other suggestions or setting changes I can try?
For my current project, I absolutely need hardware acceleration enabled AND for Firefox to display properly.
(pre) Thanks for info and/or assistance.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Since the hardware acceleration checkbox was created, a second kind of acceleration was added to Firefox that may need to be disabled in about:config; the checkbox has not been extended to toggle both of them for you.
Regular preference (checkbox): gfx.direct2d.disabled (default=false)
Added preference (no checkbox): gfx.content.azure.enabled (default=true)
More info on the new preference in this thread: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/957459
If you haven't used about:config before, here's how:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the filter box, type or paste gfx and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click gfx.content.azure.enabled to toggle its value from true to false. As with the regular hardware acceleration preference, you might need to restart Firefox before this takes effect.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.