With my latest Firefox upgrade, I've lost sound for videos, especially YouTube.
I get sound for my Words with Friends, but nothing on videos. The sound symbol in the video bar for You Tube videos doesn't have the sound waves -- it has an X. But I can hear videos that are accessed from individual websites, such as Charlie Rose or HBO.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Clear the cache and the cookies from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also try to clear the local settings in Flash for this website.
- Windows Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage: Local Storage Settings
- Remove a specific domain: Local Storage Settings by site
- Remove all domains: Delete All and Delete Data
Flash Website Storage Settings panel:
Global Storage Settings Panel: