hi. youtube features not working(like add to playlist comment) stopped working, they still work for same account on chrome or other browser.(when it happened i didn't update or downgrade any of the programs, addons, plugins that run in firefox or chrome, i don't see why all of the sudden). so i can't like videos i get the message "feature not available try later", can't add videos to playlist(any playlist including fav, like, watch later pre made playlist by youtube) and can't comment, for these 2 features i get the message "invalid request". all this happen over and over again, they don't stop, or i can't make it work with resetting, refresh, retry. i did a fresh instal of firefox and all it's addons, plugins, even fresh instal of adobe products, and divx, vlc(that have plugins or addons in firefox) after install i could like comment add to playlist, before add-in all the addons, but i could only play HTML 5 in youtube, any video that had no HTML5 support still needed adobe.(after i installed adobe it worked until i restarted the browser). now it doesn't work again.(disabling, uninstalling all addons, plugins doesn't affect the problem)
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
no it didn't i have keep no history option, every time i restart firefox it's a clear one, clearing everything, even pass and auto-complete. it maybe the addon download helper, that is not working anymore with youtube, causing it to give errors.
The Video DownloadHelper 4.9.14 extension also has been reported to cause some issues on the YouTube website.
If you have this extension then update to the 4.9.15 version that has been released to address these.
Some issues may also occur due to ProxTube - at least I realized that I was was instantly redirected to the first movie in the playlist on youtube - having no chance to see the whole playlist. It works when I deactivated ProxTube.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.