Can I safely delete older versions of Firefox from my download file?
I have several versions of Firefox listed in my computers download file. Is it safe to delete the older versions or are they NEEDED for the current version to operate properly?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Yes, you can safely remove Firefox installation (setup) files from older Firefox versions that you no longer have installed.
If you mean entries in the Control Panel Programs then you should be cautious because entries from older Firefox installation are usually leftover, orphaned, entries that all point to the current release and uninstalling such an older version will remove the current Firefox version.