Why is Amazon my default search all of a sudden?
I have only updated Aurora, that is the only change I have recently made and all of a sudden when searching in the URL bar, which usually searches using Google, it searches Amazon for anything I enter. How has this happened and how do I get rid of it?!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20130521 Firefox/23.0
That did nothing. This is annoying. :(
In Aurora and Nightly the search engine used in the URL bar is the search engine that is selected in the Search Bar.
You can check if you still have the XML files of the default search engines including Google in the searchplugins folder in Firefox program folder.
If not then you need to reinstall Firefox.
Check the browser.search.defaultenginename pref on the about:config page and make sure that it is set to the default value Google.
Currently selected search engine (that you may want to reset):
You can try to delete the search.json file and a possible search.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder to reset the search engines.
Firefox will rebuild the search.json file from the default search engines in the searchplugins folder in the Firefox program folder and the searchplugins folder in the Firefox profile folder.