i have tried for new tab page, also done the process from about:config n all, i successfully got the newtab but once i restart firefox i get blank newtab
i have tried for new tab page, also done the process from about:config n all, i successfully got the newtab but once i restart firefox i get blank newtab not the most visited sites type new tab... plz help
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
hello, any help in here?: How to fix preferences that won't save
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cache because Firefox will disable the disk cache in such a case
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
The thumbnails on the about:newtab page are generated from the cache, so if the page is not in the cache or otherwise can't or won't (secure pages) be rendered as a PNG image then you will get an empty box.
- Do not use Clear Recent History to clear data like the cache and the history when you close Firefox
If there is no history then you get an about:newtab page with empty boxes (no URLs).
it appears blank....no empty boxes...i havnt cleard history neither cache...what to do??
Is browser.newtab.url still set to about:newtab and is the New Tab page enabled (browser.newtabpage.enabled = true) if the 3x3 grid icon in the top right corner is present?
yes...my homepage is set to (about:newtab)...no that is also not present at the top right corner...
what to dooo??
Do you get the XML code of the about:newtab page if you inspect the Page Source
- Tools > Web Developer > Page Source (Ctrl+U)
- right-click on a web page to open the context menu and select View Page Source
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
where is safemode option?
i do not get the XML code.