My homepage is my.yahoo.com and is listed as the start page under Options > General. This address is my customized Yahoo page. When FF v. 21 (just updated yesterday) starts the generic version of My Yahoo starts with the URL http://my.yahoo.com/?_bc=1. So each time I start FF I have to manually log in to Yahoo to get my personalized start page. I check the box to remember me, but to no avail. I have cookies enabled.
Never had this problem until the update. Any ideas?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello cactusdr, be also sure that you have in Privacy tab > History > Firefox will > CHECK Remember search and form history[v].
Well done, ideato. Problem solved. Thank you!!
Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie.
- Create an allow Cookie Exception to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear Cookies
- do not clear Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies that have an allow exception and cookies from plugins.
Sorry for the late acknowledgement of your post.I remember the settings you propose from previous versions of FF, but in v. 21.xxx if you navigate to Tools > Options > General > History and be certain that "Firefox will: Remember history, all cookies, bookmarks, downloads, etc are retained. That said, if there does exist the capability to create exceptions as a 'backup' measure that would be very welcomed.
Thank you very much
To see all History and Cookie settings, choose:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"