ever since last update - unable to open tabs, loading - hanging up - un-installed & re-installed - still same issues - also did the re-set - no help - when i went to download AGAIN to save file - defaulting - saying XP -Firefox - I have Windows 7 - never XP - so- not my computer - browser has glitch - anyone else? Since I not computer "friendly" had -person that is do all the work - so- unable to use firefox for mail, facebook, cannot open multiple tabs, hangs up & continues to be running even when task is ended, ...any fixes for this? I do not understand any of the troubleshoot info ..fyi.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Hello cancundelight, probably a extension is the problem because you have the problem after the update.
you can check it in safe mode. Firefox Safe Mode is a mode that can be used to troubleshoot and fix problems, temporarily resets some settings and disables add-ons that might be causing problems, so if the problem does not happen in Safe Mode close safe mode (Firefox button and then select Exit) and then open firefox again and first Disable all extensions and Test for faulty extensions (one by one) to find the problematic one.
you can do it, we are here to help you if you need anything else.
all firefox versions for windows (xp, vista, 7, 8) it is the almost the same with small interface changes, see : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/ only one exist for windows.
Check to make sure you are not starting Firefox in Windows Xp compatibility mode in desktop shortcut.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in compatibility mode.
You can open the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut via the right-click context menu and check the "Compatibility" tab.
Make sure that all items are deselected in the "Compatibility" tab of the Properties window.
Verified that this was not checked. Thank you for your help- still working on it :)
it was not in XP mode - BUT - when it went to download - keeps wanting to download in XP - also updating all drivers etc. Thank you for the help - still plugging at it :)
currently updating all drivers & patches (learning something new) - this is one area Safe Mode & troubleshooting that I will require detailed as to how it is done - I am completely ignorant in this area - will hopefully get all the drivers updated & patches done by wed. - will update then as to status, or be begging for hand-held help - Thank you for posting - everyone is being so helpful:)
tried this 1st - along with the reset - no luck :( I do want to Thank you so much for the info & help