I am not the only one having this problem why is Mozilla not doing something about it? I am about fed up & may have to change to a different browser! Firefox was the best browser I've ever had but not anymore! Wish I could go back to the old version--it worked just fine! The new version is when I started having this trouble! Time for Mozilla to step up & get a fix or you will be losing more than me I think! I've disabled real arcade & most other add-ons. That didn't help either.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
It is possible that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Thanks for offering help but I have done all of the above & it didn't work! I am really getting fed up with it every time I close Firefox I get the same msg. "Firefox Has Stopped Working." At other times the msg. comes when I have it open. Then I have to close & restart whatever I was doing. Don't know what else to do!
Thanks for the help! So far so good I just did all you advised & my firewall was blocking Firefox. I opened Firefox again & just closed so far so good! Fingers crossed!
After the update to Firefox about a month ago, every time I get out of Firefox, this message pops up:
"Firefox has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
A new update has not fixed the problem. I did a complete uninstall and a new install as instructed and it appeared to fix the problem, but only for about a week. I also tried running my computer without the firewall activated, but that made no difference so have it back on.
Anybody got a "fix"? I am using Windows Vista Home.
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more recent crash reports that have a "bp-" prefix:
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
- You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website, or open this page via "Help > Troubleshooting Information".
I did uninstall & am trying to reinstall from Mozilla website but after I clicked run it extracts then pop up with window: Admininstrator & password. I've tried using my user name instead with my usual pass--won't work! I tried adding password to Administrator & that didn't work either. The window above says something about I may not have permission or something like that! I can download it from another website but it puts all kinds of other stuff on my computer! Toolbars, games, you name it! So, if someone could tell me how to do the download & get past the window asking for administrator with pass???? Please?
I am having the same problem .I have tried every solution posted here but none of them work! Every time I try to open ANY web browser it always does this. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but none of the solutions work! Does anyone have a solution for this?
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.