Firefox cannot display certain images and shows "This image <image> cannot be displayed because it contains errors."
Certain images cannot be displayed in Firefox but can be displayed in other browsers. I've tried checking the permissions, clearing the cache, resetting Firefox, but none of these seem to work.
Re-installing seems to do the trick, but thanks anyways.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1688
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20130427 Firefox/23.0
"This image <image> cannot be displayed because it contains errors." is a place holder message that gets replaced by the image when Firefox is ready to render this.
Can you post a link to a publicly accessible page that doesn't require authentication (signing on)?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page or for the current domain via the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock on location bar) and click "More Information" to open "Page Info" and go to the Permissions tab.
Re-installing seems to do the trick, but thanks anyways.