In about:config there is the parameter network.IDN.blacklist_chars that contains what looks like garbage graphic characters - is this normal?
In about:config there is the parameter "network.IDN.blacklist_chars" that contains what looks like garbage graphic characters.
It looks weird - like it is corrupt.
Is this normal?
Good to know.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Catalina Savings Printer
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
yes, this is normal & done for security purposes. the setting contains characters that are not allowed for domain addresses, so please don't change the preference.
Good to know.
Modified by dmrodenz