firefox is running, profile folder is empty.had to create new user.
Cant open Firefox, says it`s running. tried finding profile file, it`s empty (including hidden files). As of now I created a new user for the computer, and use firefox ok. but can't get my old bookmarks,etc. It all started when I had to use Avast and malawarebytes to get rid of some viruses. I think eithr one of these programs or the viruses knocked out my Firefox profile... Whats to be done ? just forget my old user? Thanks bob fletcher
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
First shut down firefox.exe in the Task Manager. It will be listed under Processes. Try launching it again. if it still cannot find the profile, try the advice here:
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Thanks,fixed the problem, but... seemed to delete my bookmarks,as I deleted the profile, lol. Anyway, end of problem. thanks