Problem: Ctrl+Shift+P does not work to toggle private browsing. It opens up a new private window, but no longer will toggle back to regular mode.
Opening private browsing w/ Ctrl+Shift+P works fine. But when I try to toggle back, it just opens up a new private window.
Is this a bug? Or an intentional change in the newest version?
Those of us who depend on keyboard shortcuts are often overlooked in software revisions. Users like me want to keep working without leaving the keyboard to grab a mouse...
Any suggestions or advice?
Modified by mschubb
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.28
- Version 188.8.131.5240
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
You now have to close the window via Ctrl+Shift+W instead of toggling PB mode via Ctrl+Shift+P.
Future Firefox versions will support Private Browsing per tab, this is already available in an extension.
The Firefox menu button gets purple or you get a purple PB mask on the menu bar or tab bar (Linux) if you are in a PB tab and all Private Browsing mode tabs get a dashed underlining.
Modified by cor-el
thanks. hard to lose an old keystroke habit....