Cannot Sign Out of Twitter Account
Whenever I try to sign out it, it simply keeps me signed in. I have tried the steps here:
I have also reset Firefox using their instructions. It still keeps me signed into the same Twitter account.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.28
- Version 126.96.36.19940
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Plug-in for Workspace utilities
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Plug-in for Workspace Webmail
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
As those are almost the same directions in the link that I posted and said I tried, they did not help me.
Modified by AuthorJoshCook
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox profile folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder