class not registered error
i have been using firefox as default browser for a long while.suddenly i am confrinted with "class not registered" when I try an open a link from my email.I am usung version 20.0.1 I have followed the instructions on your site to no avail. i have delted mozilla from program file etc and reinstalled with no good result. Effectively i am now not able to use Firefox anymore as my default browser.. surely, there must e a solution to this problem
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can also check for issues caused by plugins:
You can try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
Modified by cor-el