I have downloaded and installed some addons, such as download status bar etc and they are enabled but for some reason they do not show up when they are needed, the same happens for personas and themes they just wont show up. I have tried resetting my browser but nothing has happened
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
When you are in Private Browsing mode then the persona is disabled and you get the default theme.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible.
- Firefox menu button > Options
- View > Toolbars (press F10 to display the menu bar)
- right-click empty toolbar area
Use Toolbar Layout (Customize) to open the Customize window and set which toolbar items to display.
- if missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the extensions.* files (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left end side of the Search Bar ("Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
hello, it is a known issue that light-weight themes are currently not shown when firefox is set to never remember history (a.k.a. always run in private browsing mode) in firefox/tools > options > privacy. this will be corrected in the upcoming firefox release.
maybe the download statusbar addon is affected by the new download manager that shipped in firefox 20 - but i'm not sure about that...
Wholly annoying that I add some addons to the browser and they fail to show up (like bit.ly). I've tried deleting the extension.xxxx files, and the localstore.rdf file - no joy! I'm using Firefox 22.0 on Windows 8 Enterprise, and am logged in as Administrator.
What is the fix for this???
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.