Why am I getting 30 to 40 spam emails daily since switching to firefox Didn"t happen in IE8
Since making firefox my default browser, I am bombarded daily with spam email. This didn't happen when IE8 was my default browser. It's driving me crazy.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Sling Player Plug-In for Mozilla
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
I can't think of a reason for you to see more spam in Firefox than in IE. Are you using the same email service, same Inbox?
If you make IE your default browser (you can always start Firefox using its shortcut without making it the default browser), does the spam stop?