how do i remove pricegong from firefox
price gong is not in my add/remove list for windows XP and instructions to use Add On support do not work.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Where did you get that from ?
I notice there is an add-on officially hosted and I would expect that to uninstall ordinarily, otherwise IMHO Mozilla should not host it.
- see also /questions/930373 Deleting Extensions - like PriceGong
- try the reset Reset Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems but read the article first and bookmark extensions home sites and be aware you may loose some information / preferences
PriceGong is adware and it is not really extension -based in all cases. Check your Control panel Add/Remove programs first. You might have to resort to anti-malware. Best to my knowledge, Adwcleaner and Spyhunter detects and removes PriceGong. In some cases you can delete PriceGong files manually or with RevoUninstaller.
The following is the standard advice relating to malware. The problem with adware and toolbars is that some people do deliberately install such stuff and it does not always trigger malware detection tools.
Do try all the tools, and ensure you try up-to-date versions
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!