On this page, http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/as-lehmberg-heads-to-jail-new-details-about-bookin/nXRjb/, the Next link in the comments does nothing. Reloading in safe mode fixes the problem. What are the most likely add-ons to cause this?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
If it works in Safe Mode or with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox"; Linux: "Firefox/File > Quit")
- If you have many extensions then first enable half of the extensions to test which half has the problem.
- Continue to divide the bad half that still has the issue until you find which one is causing it.
Thanks, i'll give that a try.
The problem was Do Not Track Me 126.96.36.1991. The problem links now work. thx.
Now I can proceed to find out why I don't have the FireFox button in the upper left. I have only a regular menu. I have never had that button. Oh well, back to the add-on box.
You get the orange Firefox menu button when the menu bar is hidden.
- Firefox menu button > Options
- View > Toolbars (press F10 to display the menu bar)
- right-click empty toolbar area
OK! I guess the menu bar is hid in safe mode. Thx for the help today.