On this page, http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/as-lehmberg-heads-to-jail-new-details-about-bookin/nXRjb/, the Next link in the comments does nothing. Reloading in safe mode fixes the problem. What are the most likely add-ons to cause this?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
If it works in Safe Mode or with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox"; Linux: "Firefox/File > Quit")
- If you have many extensions then first enable half of the extensions to test which half has the problem.
- Continue to divide the bad half that still has the issue until you find which one is causing it.
Thanks, i'll give that a try.
The problem was Do Not Track Me 184.108.40.2061. The problem links now work. thx.
Now I can proceed to find out why I don't have the FireFox button in the upper left. I have only a regular menu. I have never had that button. Oh well, back to the add-on box.
You get the orange Firefox menu button when the menu bar is hidden.
- Firefox menu button > Options
- View > Toolbars (press F10 to display the menu bar)
- right-click empty toolbar area
OK! I guess the menu bar is hid in safe mode. Thx for the help today.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.