Firefox crashes when I try to start it. (BEX CRASH and APPCRASH)
When I try to open mozilla firefox it crashes immediatly giving me 2 errors. BEX crash and APPCRASH. I have this problem now for 2 months and it's really getting annoying anyone knows how to fix it? When i try to open google chrome or IE I also get this errors. Here are 2 print screens of the crash reports -->
Greetings Axel Bollen,
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0; Zune 4.7; .NET4.0E)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
When i open Crash Reports I only have the folder pending..
BEX = Buffer Overflow Exception or Data Execution Prevention (DEP) exception. DEP is a security feature that seeks to prevent exploits that inject program code into Windows memory. Firefox doesn't trigger this error on its own, but add-ons or external programs that tweak Firefox might. Please see cor-el's recommended tools.
Ty very much for the quick feedback, I will start doing every scan and report the results back to you!
I did all the scans but i didn't work when i tried to open mozilla i had the same problem
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Still getting the 2 errors
I was getting the appcrash error and dpl error notes, when closing firefox. I tried a lot of posted remedies. None worked. I deleted microsoft security essentials, and the problems went away. I will now add AVG free antivirus. If it works, I'll use it, otherwise, I'll do without antivirus for a while, until the bug is fixed properly.... In short, it was the antivirus program causing the errors, for me.
I also have the same problem where Mozilla Firefox won't open due to APPCRASH. I did what you said and got this: bp-80cea7e0-1aa0-4278-8498-ca22c2120120. I scan my computer for viruses and such every time I turn it on and do a disk cleanup. I also uninstalled Mozilla and tried installing it again but it doesn't solve the problem. What can I do?