how to uninstall sweetpacks.com and remove it from sign on screen
This is a frustrating process!!! I want to know how to UNINSTALL sweetpacks.com from my computer, as it has taken over. HELP!!
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; IPH 18.104.22.16819)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This DID NOT answer my questions!!
This is a Firefox help forum, not a windows help forum. If uninstalling sweetpacks from the control panel doesn't help, please find a windows forum that will know more
- 1. Uninstall Sweetpacks from control panel
- 2a. Sweetpacks posts instructions how to remove them from each of the browsers here.
- 2b. If you do not trust Sweetpacks website itself, Sweetpacks, use alternate removal instructions from many of websites and/or scan with adwcleaner or other anti-malware program.
Modified by Giedrius_M
To get rid of the software bits, it is easiest to download a Malware removal tool (I used Malwarebytes). Do a scan and get rid of anything with "Sweetpacks" in it. I also used CCleaner and got rid of anything with "Sweetpacks" in it. Still, when I opened a new tab, there it was again. The last step for me was:
1. In the address bar of Firefox, type 'about:config' and then click Enter. 2. You will be notified that you are about to change your settings. Click 'I'll be careful, I promise!' 3. You will see a Search field, type ‘newtab' and then click 'browser.newtab.url'. 4. In the box that will be opened, enter the URL that you want to open in the new tab page instead of Sweetpacks and then click OK.