"Open a new, blank Private Window
At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button and select New Private Window. A new Private Window will open.
That is what it says! But where is this Firefox button at the top of my Firefox (v 20.0.1) window? What I have at the top of the window is:
(1) A blue-background bar with the Firefox icon and the title of the current page
(2) 2 grey-background bars with menus (e.g. File, Edit, ...) and buttons
(3) 1 grey-background bar with the Bookmark Toolbar
(4) The Tab bar
But no Firefox button, and none available in the customise dialog. Have I suppressed it somehow?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
You can do one of two things:
- Turn on the Firefox button (Click View, then Toolbars, then Uncheck "Menu Bar:)
- Or click Edit, then New Private Browsing Window
hello, the private browsing window is accessible through the file menu that you've referenced too - or you can use the keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+p.
if you want to get the default userinterface with the firefox button though, go to view > toolbars & disable the menu bar...
Mea culpa - I had forgotten what I did when v20.0 first arrived!