"Open a new, blank Private Window
At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button and select New Private Window. A new Private Window will open.
That is what it says! But where is this Firefox button at the top of my Firefox (v 20.0.1) window? What I have at the top of the window is:
(1) A blue-background bar with the Firefox icon and the title of the current page
(2) 2 grey-background bars with menus (e.g. File, Edit, ...) and buttons
(3) 1 grey-background bar with the Bookmark Toolbar
(4) The Tab bar
But no Firefox button, and none available in the customise dialog. Have I suppressed it somehow?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
You can do one of two things:
- Turn on the Firefox button (Click View, then Toolbars, then Uncheck "Menu Bar:)
- Or click Edit, then New Private Browsing Window
hello, the private browsing window is accessible through the file menu that you've referenced too - or you can use the keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+p.
if you want to get the default userinterface with the firefox button though, go to view > toolbars & disable the menu bar...
Mea culpa - I had forgotten what I did when v20.0 first arrived!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.