try to access www.facebook.com but nothing appears on the screen even when i use safe mode
i tried to access to www.facebook.com first, appeared the untrusted connection blah blah message -> add exception -> it didn't work
reset firefox -> enter www.facebook.com then BANG nothing appeared on the screen, just white
using the safe mode -> didn't work either so what causes this prob and what the solution for this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Pando Web Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.520
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
You can remove all data stored in Firefox from a specific domain via "Forget About This Site" in the right-click context menu of an history entry (Show All History or History sidebar) or via the about:permissions page.
Using "Forget About This Site" will remove all data stored in Firefox from that domain like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make a note of those passwords and bookmarks.
You can't recover from that 'forget' unless you have a backup of the affected files.
It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.
when i tried to access FB, Firefox loaded for a few second then stopped! the new tab I opened for FB was just "new tab" and FB link didn't even in the history entry!
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
thanks but it didn't work either. just "new tab" when trying to load the page!
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.
thanks but none of those works
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
You can also check for problems with the hosts file.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
so sorry but they can't help right now i tried google chrome but the problem is still the same sometimes on google chrome, the website loaded but it looked wrong: there was no bars, no tabs, no chat box, no new feed, nothing but the headline: FACEBOOK 0 requests 0 messages ...