what is search protect
just downloaded new version firefox browser for PC. Now getting malware alert via firewall, but firewall unable to remove...and I'm suddenly getting annoying popups trying t sell me things....
what is this....how can i get rid of it...
and what is this stuff and how do i get rid of it any help appreciated
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I don't want to scare you, but it looks like you have a type of Adware. You could easily remove the virus by having a full computer scan using Windows Defender which is already installed on your computer. Just click on the start icon and search Windows Defender.
You can also, refer to the link below for the complete removal of the Adware: http://www.precisesecurity.com/adware/remove-search-protect-by-conduit
Modified by Steve3743