There is no "do-not-track" feature on my version
I have Windows XP and just updated my Firefox. However, there is no "do-not-track" feature in the options menu.
Thanks for your quick response. Don't know why it took a few attempts to download newest updated version of Firefox into my computer. Finally took. Was able to use the "do not track" feature finally. Again, appreciate your help.Read this answer in context 7
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Your Firefox reported to the forum that it is an extremely ancient version. Can you check
Help > About Firefox
to see what version you really have?
Assuming you have Firefox 20 (current version), please see this article for tips on correcting the way Firefox reports itself to websites: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version.
In Firefox 20, you should find a checkbox for Do Not Track here:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > Privacy
More info: How do I turn on the Do Not Track feature? (this article is sensitive to the reported version of your browser, which is why you need to fix that per the above article)
Thanks for your quick response. Don't know why it took a few attempts to download newest updated version of Firefox into my computer. Finally took. Was able to use the "do not track" feature finally. Again, appreciate your help.