This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Why do I now get pop up screens on firefox just like some other browsers/sites ie. screens with people's faces etc?
Screens pop up in the background behind the main screen. Never did that before. Did it all day yesterday and now that I'm typing this question not a pop up.
Will do and thanks for the quick reply.Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (4)
hello franco501, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...
I spoke to soon and I checked after asking the question. There was an ad for losing belly fat! How do you launch in the safe mode.
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Will do and thanks for the quick reply.