Please tell me why I cannot view Yahoo videos in Firefox (v20)? I can view flash videos from other sites with FF. The Yahoo videos play just fine with IE.
Here is what I have tried so far to correct this problem: I have uninstalled and reinstalled FF. Updated my pc's graphic's driver. Started FF in safe mode. All plug-in's are up-to-date.
I am running Win 7 (64-bit). Please help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
It's not only Yahoo video...
Another round of web-sites where Firefox 23.0.1 can not play the video:
The BBC "waiting circle rotatory" displays, then the BBC reports the error.
The FF Error console reports:
Playlist URL : http://playlists.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23792641A/playlist.sxml Error code : CDNRedundancyManagerError  :
This appears to be a Flash file attempting to play.
Problem solved! I downloaded and installed Firefox 24.0 Beta. Apparently Mozilla programming team made all the right changes in the new release. Now all videos starting working on Yahoo and BBC.
Well that's good to hear, but I'm going to wait for a stable release.
Hopefully v24.0 will mark the justified closing of this thread.
Alrighty, good luck!
Finally, success, so far...
With the downloading of FF 24.0...albeit still considered "beta", BOTH Yahoo video's and BBC video's stared playing again.
In an abundance of caution, we updated FF to 24.0, triple-checked the firewall settings here -- no proxy's are in use, either -- and then re-booted the local machine (Win 7 64bit, Intel i5 dual-core based Asus)...and...
BOTH Yahoo video's and BBC video's stared playing again. And so far have remained playing "normally" again.
Wonders never truly cease.