Firefox Updated to version 20, flash player crashed, and now firefox never loads flash player, even after numerous restarts
Using windows 8, flash player plugin probably crashed due to memory related problems, but now it never loads when I open Firefox. I was hoping version 20 would improve stability, but so far I have nothing good to say about it.
Additional System Details
- Uplay PC Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
... "but now it never loads when I open Firefox."
What do you expect Flash to do when you open Firefox?
Flash is a plugin for Firefox, it doesn't load in Firefox - it runs parallel to Firefox.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
I never thought I would say it, but after over 20 tears of using this browser, back to the days when it was called Netscape, and you had to BUY it!! I HAVE QUIT USING FIREFOX. i HAVE TRIED ALL SUGGESTIONS TO GET FIREFOX AND ADOBE FLASH TO WORK TOGETHER, INCLUDING A CLEAN DELETE AND RE-INSTALL, AND NOTHING PREVENTS THIS FROM HAPPENING!! YOU MUST HAVE RECEIVED DOZENS OF CRASH REPORTS FROM ME, AS i USUALLY SENT THEM. THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECT FROM MOZILLA!!! I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE COMPANY REALLY CARED ABOUT ITS CLIENTS, AND WORKED NIGHT AND DAY TO FIX PROBLEMS. I SEE THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE,
I HAVE GIVEN UP!! COUNT ME AS A CHROME BROWSER USER FROM NOW ON!!
DR. GARY R. MUNN