Download speeds displayed
With latest version 20, the new download manager, no longer displays download speeds per file. Anyway to return that function?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
If you click the Show All Downloads button, that information is available in the Library dialog (see attached image).
There apparently is a way to switch back to the old download manager. I haven't tried it myself. Check out this thread: Got new version, want to go back to previous download box, the new one has no history and doesn't show speed of download, how do I go back?
I kinda like this new one, but I want it to show download speeds! It's stupid having to click it, then click "show all downloads." Please.
Hi djvtech, I read about a way to do that. When you hover your mouse over the download, the tooltip that displays shows the speed. Inserting that tooltip into the actual Download Panel is possible but it's somewhat complicated. See this thread: Is there any way to make the new downloads panel show the current speed of a download?