How do I add website to New Tab page? I cannot locate the PIN icon to add these to the blank windows populating the new tab page
I don't know how to add a new website to the New Tab page in FF. All I have are a bunch of blank windows. The FF instructions page tells me to hit a Pin-icon in the top-left corner of a site to pin it to the New Tab window, except I don't see any pin. Any suggestions?
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Version 126.96.36.19940
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
you can change the value of Preference browser.newtab.url in about:config page.
- type about:config in Firefox address bar
- when you see a warning, click I'll be careful, I promise button
- search for preference browser.newtab.url
- double-left-click or right-click the browser.newtab.url preference and Modify
- change the value
Hope that helped! Please report back!
You can change the order of the boxes on the about:newtab page and drag an item to a different slot to pin it to that position or you can remove a website by clicking the close X to block that URL.
You can drag a bookmark or history item and drop them in a slot on the about:newtab page to pin them and have your own favorites sites showing.
Changes made manually on the about:newtab page are stored in the browser.newtabpage.pinned (default = [null]) and browser.newtabpage.blocked prefs that you can check/modify on the about:config page (Bug 791447).
See this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):
Change the "value" to what?
Yeah, change the "value" to what?
Do you guys even take the time to understand the question before spouting off some unrelated generic nonsense?
Those of us who have this problem are unable to interact with the blank grey boxes/windows that appear on a new tab when "browser.newtab.url" is set to "about:newtab." The pin icon that SHOULD appear there simply IS NOT THERE.
According to other posts that I've read, you should now be able to "drag and drop" a link from your bookmarks into the empty boxes, but when I try to do that firefox simply opens the bookmarked page. This link illustrates how the feature is SUPPOSED to work: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/new-tab-page-show-hide-and-customize-top-sites#w_add-a-site
Modified by planex
I'll be honest, I don't know a thing about setting something to "about:newtab" but I read one of these and while I was on the New Tab page I clicked on the Bookmark icon in the upper right corner and when it showed sites I'd bookmarked I just did a standard drop and drag of the url to an empty space. I'd been driving myself loony trying to add to that page. My only other thought, and I'm not sure that it's even in the realm of possibility, is to see if there is some setting for your mouse that is affecting the way your mouse acts when you try the drop and drag action. Hope you can get it going.