global payments security breach warning
I keep getting a warning, it says it's from Firefox. It says Global Payments was hack and my credit card info may have been stolen. It says to follow a link to check my credit score.
I did read that Global Payments was hacked and peoples info was stolen, but why is Firefox warning me?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Mozilla doesn't send messages such as that.
Was that message in a webmail? If so, probably phishing to get you to that credit report website, and then ask you to enter some identity information.