In Firefox where do I find the setting: "Use LCD font smoothing when available"?
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Version 18.104.22.16800
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Easy and convenient screenshot tool
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- Unity Player 3.4.2f3
- vShare.tv plug-in
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
That in not a setting in Firefox, but in the Windows display (appearance) settings.
If ClearType is enabled in Windows (and this is the default in Windows 7) then Firefox uses it automatically.
- Control Panel > Personalization > Window Color and Appearance > Fonts > "Adjust ClearType text"
- Anti-Aliasing Tuner: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/anti-aliasing-tuner/
If there is a problem then try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You can also try to set the gfx.content.azure.enabled pref to false or if this didn't help disable Direct2D by setting the gfx.direct2d.disabled pref to true on the about:config page and leave hardware acceleration otherwise enabled.