My Facebook page is missing the graphics/icons on the menu bar at top. Other browsers act ok. I did a virus and malware check. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox. What is causing this problem?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
I notice you have several different AdBlock extensions. You might need to fine-tune some of their settings.
First though, when you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
Alternately, you also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now"
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.
(2) Remove your facebook.com cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- Alt+t (open the classic Tools menu) > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page and logging back into Facebook. Any improvement?
If none of that helps, could you post a screen shot showing which icons are missing, or describe them in more detail?
This was very helpful. My Firefox settings were on automatic clearance of cookies and such. But I went further with looking into Adblock and Addons and filters and such, not knowing exactly what I was doing, but then I saw I downloaded the most recent update of Java, so I disabled it. I hate updates of software, because they tend to introduce problems -- the ol' fix what ain't broke so please allow us to f it up for you. That may have had something to do with it. I don't know. But it's cured for now. Thank you.
When I downloaded Firefox my web browser is missing menus' figured out how to get the tiny menu bar up firefox provides; however, my favorite places are all missing, and I'm missing drop down menu items like refresh, and a lot of others I constantly use. This web browser is less than user friendly to start with if it does not keep my preferences as the user :( not a happy first time firefox user
Hi candydmd, could you check out the following articles regarding getting your Internet Explorer Favorites to appear as Bookmarks in Firefox:
If you are importing Favorites from a different browser, see:
After importing, bookmarks integrate into the address bar for easy access, as well as appearing on the Bookmarks menu:
Regarding the menu bar, you can use either the compact two-column menu (orange Firefox button) or the classic full menu bar. These articles describe what is on them and how to switch between them:
- What happened to the File, Edit, and View menus?
- Display the Firefox button menu instead of the menu toolbar
Firefox uses the word Reload instead of Refresh, and you have several ways to reload the page:
- Keyboard: Ctrl+r or F5
- right-click page: Reload
- right-click tab: Reload Tab (not Reload All Tabs, unless you want to do that)
- circle-arrow icon at the right end of the address bar
Does that help?
I just left it alone and I will use IE for my browser for other work and keep Mozilla as is; it did not import all my favorites only what I did not need :( Now I have another problem .. I'm trying to install firebug .. it installed the bug was there but when I clicked on it nothing happened then I rearranged the menu bar and the bug disappreared .. firefox is the worst .. I have never had so many installation problems .. how do I get the bug back????? HELP PLEASE I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS ON THIS NON SENSE .. SO FRUSTRATED
Hi candydmd, I'm not sure what you mean by rearranging the menu bar.
What usually happens when you click the Firebug icon for a particular web page is that it opens a pane at the bottom of the page with various tools.
To (re)locate its button, you can use the Customize feature to move icons between toolbars and to check whether icons are sitting in the dialog unused. Either:
- right-click a blank area of the tab bar > Customize
- tap the Alt key > View menu > Toolbars > Customize
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.