this is what I get now: http://www.fedex.com/us/track/
this is what it needs to be (safari): http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=cz_english&lid=/Track/Track_Number
Somehow I disabled something, but cannot figure out what. I cleared all my cache and cookies, I made sure java is enabled, I tried some other things I found but nothing
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I had already all that. I was in the process of creating a shipping label on the fedex site and needed to change a country setting on their site. Since I had already worked on this label for 30 minutes and kept loosing it, I must have changed a setting on their site so that now I can only see the "framework" of the site, but it won't operate and I don't know how to get it back to "normal". If you have no further tips I'll call their techsupport, maybe they know.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Windows/Mac Accessibility settings and that you allow pages to choose their colors in Firefox.
- Firefox > Preferences > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
this is the screenshot. I talked to fedex, they said there is no setting on their site that would change the display like that. I realized that I simply do not see any images on the site any more - just text.
You get such a display if CSS files are blocked.
This can be caused by corrupted files in the cache or by extensions like Adblock Plus that can block files or security software (firewall, anti-virus) that blocks specific files for some reason.
Did you try Safe mode and clear or bypass (Ctrl+F5) the cache?
I started in Safemode and was able to reset the page I had problems with - thanks for the help!!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.